Dorchester's real estate market is hot! As we've reported recently, with demand for small town life growing fast, this village of around 600 cannot keep quality homes on the market for 24 hours.
This comes as no big surprise since Dorchester has a lot going for it -- if you prefer living in a safe, friendly and affordable community that has much potential for the future. Consider what Dorchester has to offer:
- TOP-NOTCH SCHOOL: A new K-12 school with some of the state's best educators. The lowest school tax levy in the county -- and one of the lower property rates in southeast Nebraska.
- SAFE COMMUNITY: With a new water system and sewer system.
- LOWER COSTS: Affordable cost of living.
- KEY BUSINESS: Headquarters for one of the state's largest agri-businesses (Farmers' Cooperative) and is situated on the thriving Burlington Northern Santa Fe rail line and along two major highways.
- GEOGRAPHIC ADVANTAGE: A quick drive to many employers in Crete, Milford, Friend and Seward, and just 30 minutes to Lincoln and 10 minutes to Interstate 80. Yet all the advantages of a rural small town.
However, one challenge facing Dorchester is available housing. We often hear from many readers who say they would like to move to Dorchester, if only homes were available.
Today, we are showcasing the latest Dorchester homes available right now.
If you're ready to call Dorchester home, we encourage you to take a look and make a timely offer (again, things are moving fast in this market). Make Dorchester your home and enjoy a great small-town way of life.
107 WHITMAR STREET: 2 beds 2 baths 1,400 sq. ft. Very nice and well kept home located just minutes from Lincoln on the edge of the Village of Dorchester. Large open floor plan and laundry all on the main floor. The full basement has a roughed-in bath and is ready to be finished for additional living space. Come enjoy the country life, with no neighbors in the back or west, but still have town utilities/amenities. Listed with Nicole Zalesky, Zalesky Realty & Auction LLC, (402) 826-5147. Click here for Zillow's summary.