A nationally known website is touting Dorchester's positive qualities.
Sperling's Best Places analyzes data regarding demographics and the selection of "Best Places" to live, work or retire.
Here are some of the key findings from Sperling's analysis of Dorchester:
- According to Sperling's, Dorchester's cost of living is 20.30% lower than the U.S. average.
- In addition, the median home cost in Dorchester is $81,700, the website says.
- Dorchester's average home price appreciation over the last year has been 5.40%.
- It looks like the Dorchester School Board and administrators are looking out for local property taxpayers. According to Sperling's, Dorchester public schools spend $11,921 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $12,435.
- There are about 10.8 students per teacher in Dorchester -- and studies show that small class sizes typically produce superior students and prepared adults for the nation's workforce.
- Sperling's predicts that future job growth in Dorchester over the next ten years is predicted to be 35.30%. (Do they know something we don't regarding the Co-op's expansion?))