(UPDATE: We are told by inside sources that the home at 107 Whitmar St. has been sold, just a couple days after it went up for sale. This is strong evidence there's a good market for higher end homes in Dorchester.)
Dorchester has a lot going for it -- especially if you prefer living in a safe, friendly and affordable community that has much potential for the future. Consider what Dorchester has to offer:
- TOP-NOTCH SCHOOL: A new K-12 school with some of the state's best educators. The lowest school tax levy in the county -- and one of the lower property rates in southeast Nebraska.
- SAFE COMMUNITY: With a new water system and sewer system.
- LOWER COSTS: Affordable cost of living.
- KEY BUSINESS: Headquarters for one of the state's largest agri-businesses (Farmers' Cooperative) and is situated on the thriving Burlington Northern Santa Fe rail line.
- GEOGRAPHIC ADVANTAGE: A quick drive from many employers in Crete and Seward, and only 30 minutes to Lincoln, Dorchester is located next to two major highways and just 10 minutes from Interstate 80. Yet all the advantages of a rural small town.
Today, we are showcasing the latest Dorchester homes available right now.
If you're ready to call Dorchester home, we encourage you to take a look and make an offer. Make Dorchester your home and enjoy a great small-town way of life.
108 WHITMAR STREET: Located on the south side of town in a nice neighborhood, this recently built brick home is for sale by owner. An e-mail we received said those interested should (402) 617-5089.
1631 COUNTY ROAD E: A slice of heaven on 8.75 acres. Nestled in a park like setting this 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom home has been meticulously updated and maintained. Family owned for 38 yrs and they spared no expense on updating and the 2700 sq ft OUTBUILDING -- a must see, well-powered man cave including a bathroom! Large trees enclose this private family property perfect for family gatherings and entertaining. Home has a new 10' covered wrap around porch, new cedar siding and roof in 2012, updated appliances in 2011, updated bathrooms, Colorado style master bedroom, and laundry on first floor. Upstairs offers privacy with 4 large bedrooms, bathroom and a walk out to 370 sq ft deck. Basement also has ample storage. Five additional outbuildings are also included on the property. If you are looking for a lovely updated home, acreage and AMAZING outbuildings with a little bit of country, you will find it here. Click here for more details.