There was a lot going on 60 years ago.
Some of the major events of 1956 include:
- Elvis Presley entered the music charts for the first time with Heartbreak Hotel.
- Norma Jean Mortenson legally changed her name to Marilyn Monroe.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed above 500 for the first time.
- The Interstate Highway System was authorized.
- And Roger and Marilyn Wolfe got married on Feb. 19, 1956 at the United Methodist Church in Swanton.
The Wolfe family would like to wish Roger and Marilyn a happy 60th wedding anniversary. Their family includes, their children JR, Diane, Julie and Christian; sons-in-laws and daughter-in-law; sister Corrine; grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Those who wish to tell the Wolfe's happy anniversary may do so by sending notes or cards to:
Mr. and Mrs. Roger Wolfe
P.O. Box 195
Dorchester, NE 68343