The building that once housed Ben's Iron Grill restaurant has been for sale for nearly 11 months.
While we've heard reports of some interested parties, the "for sale" sign remains.
According to an online listing with Woods Bros. Realty, the asking price has been reduced all the way down to $169,900.
Here's how Woods Bros. describes the property:
"Excellent opportunity to own a well established business with over $250,000 in upgrades and renovations. Includes fully equipped chef-size kitchen with tons of space and storage. 40 feet of counter space to belly up to the bar and ample seating for quests. Two apartments upstairs, would make a great extra income! Call for details."
While we are sad to see the "for sale" sign on the building that was home to Ben's Iron Grill, the property presents a sound opportunity for someone with the right business idea for main street Dorchester and the northern Saline County and southern Seward County area.
We would like to know what your ideas would be for this building, if you owned it?
No one know the Dorchester and Saline County market like our readers.
Leave your ideas in the comments section of this post by clicking "comments" below.
Click here to see the property listing and numerous pictures.
This property on the east side of Dorchester's main street is fully equipped and ready to go and would be a steal at the current price.
Here are the details regarding the building as we know them:
- All restaurant and bar equipment is included.
- There are 5720 square feet with this property.
- Taxes in 2014 were $1,831.
- There are two walk-in coolers, a walking freezer, television sets, under bar cooler, beer keg cooler for up to 4 kegs, taps, grills, 18-foot fire suppressant hood, grills, cookers, deep fat fryers, refrigerated salad bar table, pots, pans, dishes tables, chairs and more.
- Everything an investor or group of investors would need to operate an efficient restaurant or any business that needs such equipment.
The atmosphere of this restaurant and bar gives it the capability of becoming a regional attraction.
We hope a creative individual or group with the right idea can make this property an attribute to the community.