Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Survey Shows Four Primary Internet Providers For Dorchester Residents


Who do you use for an internet provider? 

Recently, through social media, the Dorchester Times asked our in-town readers who is providing their internet service -- and if they would recommend their carrier to others.

We received numerous responses, which indicated most town residents are using Zito Media and Windstream, with average or below average results.

Diode and Rise Broadband are the other primary internet providers in town.

The best results for reliability and speed, according to our survey, appears to be experienced by users of Rise Broadband, which has a satellite receptor atop the Dorchester grain elevator, we are told.   

Diode has a satellite receptor on the water tower, but has experienced difficulty reaching residents in the west portions of Dorchester, according to two online reports we've seen.

Here is a sampling of the survey comments we collected from town residents:

  • "We have only used Zito and Windstream...I would never go back to Windstream. I haven't tried any others."
  • "I had problems with mine. I blamed Windstream but turned out to be my old equipment. They installed new and I haven't had one problem since."
  • "I use Diode; sometimes it’s great and other times not so much."
  • "Zito now, but when we move to the farm we will have Rise Broadband."
  • "I was forced to switch to Rise Broadband after Diode told me they could no longer provide service to my home due to trees blocking their signal. So far so good."

1 comment:

  1. Beware of Rise Broadband. They say they will bill you "up front" then never do, and when you get your second or third bill, they've tacked on $40 or more of late fees for the bill you didn't receive.

    ReplyDelete

Village Dweller checks all reader comments to determine if they are appropriate for print.