Can Dorchester High School compete with the likes of Lincoln East, Bellevue West, Bellevue East and Columbus?
In the area of business competition, it appears so!
Last Friday, April 7, DHS students competed at the FBLA State Leadership Conference in Omaha.
Here is a list of Dorchester students who won awards at FBLA Student Leadership Conference.
- PSA 2nd Place – Kyra Creamer, Hailey Weber, Abi Plouzek
- Marketing 5th Place – Tim Havlat, Jacee Weber, Brittney Zoubek
- Sales Presentation 6th Place – Tim Havlat
- Advertising 7th Place – Jacee Weber
- Mobile App Development 8th Place – Josh Thompson
- Leader Business Achievement – Jacee Weber
- Who’s Who – Michelle Kotas
- Sweepstakes – Dorchester Chapter
- Business Calculations – Makenna Bird
- Accounting I – Makenna Bird
- Job Interview – Ripley Creamer & Michelle Kotas
- Intro to Financial Math – Josh Thompson
- FBLA Scholarship Runner Up – Brittney Zoubek
- Intro to Business –Nathan Cochnar, Daisha Hoffman, Abi Plouzek
DHS did not have an FBLA charter until the 1991-92 school year. A quarter century later, while numbers in some other DHS activities have declined, DHS' FBLA membership remains strong -- impressive for a Class D school. (DHS dropped from Class C to Class D in school year 1991-92, ironically.)
Over the years, Dorchester has become a force to be reckoned within the FBLA universe and its statewide competitions, and DHS students have been elected as statewide FBLA officers.