Today we share with you a simple set of guidelines sent to us by a frequent contributor.
Please read them. Then share them with your friends and neighbors. Remember them often
In Dorchester -- and other small communities like ours -- these are rules to live by.
Six Factors to Define a Successful Rural Community
- Leadership that matters. Leaders in a community must actively say: “We’re not fine with where we are. Here’s where we’d like to go; let’s figure out the steps that will take us there.
- Hopeful vision backed by grit.
- Deliberate efforts to invite others into leadership roles, including people who might not otherwise participate.
- Not letting fear be a barrier.
- Willingness to invest in community.
- Strong social networks.
(Hastings, Lindsay. Nebraska Human Resources Institute)