Avery Behrens, a new graduate of Dorchester High School, has been recognized by the Lincoln Journal Star as one of the paper's "class acts."
Behrens was awarded the honor because of her many accomplishments while at DHS. Among her accomplishments were:
- First in her class throughout high school.
- Making the DHS honor roll for 12 consecutive semesters.
- Being selected for the American Legion Auxiliary Girls State.
- Being an all-conference selection for basketball & volleyball.
- Serving as class president for four years.
Behrens is headed to Northwest Missouri State University to major in animal science.
She tells the Journal Star that her favorite high school classes were anatomy and physiology.
She says her dream job is to work as a livestock veterinarian. "It is my dream job because I grew up on a farm and always loved being around livestock as well as showing livestock," Behrens said.
Her parents are Robert and Julie (Axline) Behrens.