One of Dorchester's favorite events takes place this weekend as the Dorchester United Methodist
Church’s 28th Annual Community Auction will be held Sunday, Sept. 20.
All area residents are invited to join the fun, which will be held on the church grounds at the corner of Lincoln Ave. and 6th St.
Sunday's activities begin with a beef and pork barbecue from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Salads and desserts will also be available.
Some more highlights planned for this Sunday:
- A "pie in your face" contest. (No, this is not a misprint.)
- A silent auction.
- Country market.
- Bake sale.
- Sunday School cake auction.
- A "bounce house" for the kids.
The actual auction begins at 1 p.m. There will be many, many auction items that will be of special interest. Some of the more notable auction items we've seen include:
* 12-in-1 game table
* Husker yard art
* Czech cookbooks
* Walnut jewelry chest with jewelry (made by Earl Moser)
* Husker volleyball package for two
* Fall yard art
* Pet toys and treat baskets
* Dozens of Christmas items
* Nebraska fight song alarm clock
* Wooden cross with stained glass insert
* Americana quilt
* Glow-in-the-dark football and basketball
Those who would like to place a bid but are unable to attend may still take part in this important fundraiser by calling (402) 946-3091.
We hope all Times' readers will enjoy the first weekend of fall by supporting the church and the good work of its members.