Nebraska law requires any individual who provides child care to four or more children from different families at any one time to become licensed. That's according to a call we made to the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
It matters who provides child care for your kids. So we conducted a search of licensed child care facilities in Dorchester. (If you don't live in Dorchester, but you'd still like to see which providers are licensed in your Nebraska community, click here and see the listings by zip code.)
According to DHHS records updated on Nov. 7, 2014, there are three child care facilities in Dorchester that are licensed with the state. Here they are:
- BRIGHT BEGINNINGS (903 Stephens)
- Operated by Steph Q. Brandt (402-843-6388). Licensed since 2009.
- Open Monday through Friday. Hours 6 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Child capacity: 12 (ages 6 weeks through 13 years old)
- Accepts child care subsidies through DHHS? No
- DORCHESTER COMMUNITY PRESCHOOL (506 West 9th Street)
- Administered by Doris J. Broz (402-946-2066). Licensed since 2008.
- Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Hours 8 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Child capacity: 12 (ages 3-6)
- TINY TREASURES (708 Stephens)
- Operated by Angela Renee Cecrle (402-946-6211). Licensed since 2007.
- Open Monday through Friday. Hours 5 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- Child capacity: 12 (ages 6 weeks through 13 years)
- Accepts child care subsidies through DHHS? Yes.