Think you know just about everything about our community and surrounding area? See if you know the following:
- Dorchester faces no major environmental hazards, according to the EPA.
- There is currently one sex offender residing in our town limits.
- Dorchester votes 53.77% Republican.
- Dorchester is 48% male and 52% female.
- The largest age group in Dorchester is the 35-44 category, which comprises about 16% of our community.
- There is a 1.192% chance of a major earthquake hitting Dorchester within the next 50 years.
- The largest tornado in the Dorchester area was an F5 in 1964 that caused 50 injuries and 4 deaths.
- Crete (the closest town in our area that reports crime stats to the FBI) exceeds the national average for cases of forcible rape and larceny (non-violent) theft.