Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Longhorn Lip Balm A Hit At Crete Wal-Mart

In previous posts, the Times has featured Dorchester-related items for sale, including items found on the Internet. From a Dorchester city limits sign to a 1930's air mail envelope with a rare Dorchester postmark, we have been impressed with the wide variety of Dorchester memorabilia available to area residents and collectors.

This week, a reader of the Times sent us the latest Dorchester item on the market -- Dorchester Longhorns lip balm, which contains SPF 15 sunscreen.

While the lip balm is available through different outlets, our reader told us in an e-mail that she found hers at the Crete Wal-Mart in the sporting goods section. No other local school lip balms were found in the super store, according to our reader. She also reported that when she paid for her items, the Wal-Mart clerk noted: "Oh good, we have the Longhorn chapstick in again. I know a little girl who really wants this."

It looks like we underestimated the marketability of the Longhorns beyond the Village borders.

If you know of other unique or rare Dorchester-related items for sale, let us know by e-mailing our staff at Dorchester.Times@gmail.com.

10 comments:

  1. Who makes this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting that your poll mentions a Dorchester apparel store. I always thought a shop like that, with part-time and weekend hours, might be a good business venture. With two commercial buildings for sale downtown, maybe the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs udder balm.................................. I'll use this stuff .......................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walmart-Crete also has Crete Cardinal lip balm. It hangs on the aisle ends in the grocery department.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? No Wilber Wolverine chapstick? It must be that old Crete-Wilber rivalry. The 1950's have returned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce said.........

    I tried buying the Longhorn lip balm (I was going to buy abouut 30 and give it to our staff for Christmas) but the lady I asked for help just looked at me like I was from another planet. I looked around and didn't find them so I just left. I'd still like to get some---if anyone can tell me where they are in WalMart I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chapstick is made by the Webb Candy Co. in Rosemount MN. It is made from real bees wax and is good stuff against the winter winds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They tried to make a Wilber balm, but it tasted like sauerkraut and dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chapstick is located near the fishing rods and weights in walmart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amusing remark about the Wilber lip balm. I thought you might say it tasted like beer. However, I will still buy the Longhorn chapstick as I need to protect my luscious lips. We Czechs are a hot-blooded group!

    ReplyDelete

Village Dweller checks all reader comments to determine if they are appropriate for print.