Monday, July 21, 2008

Construction Boom Continues

In the past year, Dorchester has experienced a construction boom of sorts --a new shelter at the city park; a new school and campus renovation; several commercial building improvements.

This new activity signals positive developments for our community and our citizens' quality of life.

This month, construction crews are putting the finishing touches on the sixth additional silo at the Dorchester Farmers Cooperative elevator -- the economic hub of our town.

Now the Times has learned of plans by private citizens to build new restrooms and a concession stand at Nerud Field.

According to sources, the present-day concession shack will likely be moved east of the visitors' dugout and used as a storage facility.

We applaud the individuals who are organizing the Nerud Field modernization project, and we invite them to use the Dorchester Times to inform others how they can assist -- with their time or financial resources -- in this worthwhile effort.

6 comments:

  1. who's running the nerud field deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do you want to know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have went to many Dorchester games in my liftime, and I did not go to school there. The bathrooms have always been a complete Eye sore for the field. I am so happy that some one is stepping up and fixing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll volunteer to take a sledge hammer to the old bathrooms at Nerud Field. My life has never been the same after some of the mental trama I've been subjected in that building. You all know what I'm talking about. That place can be hell on earth with visuals to match the odors. Worse yet, I can still recall my 3rd grade year when a bunch of older kids convinced me that the liquid in the Pepsi cup was Mountain Dew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Bill Velder is the person heading up the project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think bill will do a great job. He has many great ideas and with the right people it will be accomplished. I mean look at his yard and how neat everything is.. GO BIll

    ReplyDelete

Village Dweller checks all reader comments to determine if they are appropriate for print.