Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Business Spotlight: Kohout's Christmas Trees

With Christmas only a 30 days away, we wanted to recognize Kohout's Christmas and Landscape Trees, which has served the Dorchester area for several years.

The Kohout tree farm opens the right after Thanksgiving. This year's business days and hours are: Nov. 27-29; Dec. 5-6, 12-13, 19-20; 9 a.m. until dark .Some of the customer perks include: hay rack rides to and from the field; complimentary hot chocolate , popcorn and cookies; and free coloring books for kids. Christmas tree varieties include Scotch Pine and White Pine.

At Kohout's, wreaths, swags, tree stands, bags and other Christmas items are also for sale. Trees will be shook and netted for free.

Located at 1214 State Highway 15, just southwest of Dorchester, the Kohout tree farm may be contacted by phone at (402) 946-6531 or by e-mail at makohout@hotmail.com.

10 comments:

  1. Funny.........my neighbor has his own tree farm too ........... its called the pasture he let be overgrown with cedars!!!! I'm calling the state to turn him in..... Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynical Richard you are such a comedian (comedienne?) - NOT! The Times tries to give someone a pat on the back and you just can't handle it. I would guess some counselor would say it's your way of expressing your repressed anger at your mother for weaning you too early (age 6 maybe??). Try to put your hands together to applaud someone instead of using them to tear something apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud Marvin & Lorraine, they are very busy people, but they never miss an opportunity to support Dorchester. They are active in DACA, I see them at most events around town, they help when they can & they give whenever asked. I believe Marvin left the area for awhile but found his way back 'home' and the community is lucky he did. Thanks to Marvin & Lorraine for all they do & the attitude with which they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now ........ I wasnt talking about the Kohout Christmas Tree Farm........ I live much further south and east ........... I'll be sure to get my Christmas tree from Kohouts this year ....... enough of the wire cleaner statue that my wife puts up each December

    ReplyDelete
  5. niche marketing at its best

    ReplyDelete
  6. What would Christmas be without a trip to Kohout's..Thanks to Marvin and Lorraine for all their work. This year I'll be purchasing live Christmaas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cynical Richard, you manage to make reading blogger comments painful and infuriating. Bah humbug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Cynical Richard, he keeps things entertaining. =) Leave him alone, he isn't hurting anyone with his goofy comments. I find a lot of the other comments on this blog to be very boring, at least he livens things up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think cynical doesnt have much to do, and thinks about what he is going to write all day long, your not jeff dunham, richard. I would rather listen to jeff, than listen to your foulish comments. The dummies make more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again the tree at the school is beautiful. I want to thank the Kohout's for donating a Christmas tree each year to the school so the children can decorate it.

    ReplyDelete

Village Dweller checks all reader comments to determine if they are appropriate for print.